Nishang is a framework and collection of scripts and payloads which enables usage of PowerShell for offensive security, penetration testing and red teaming. Nishang is useful during all phases of penetration testing,
Burp Suite is the leading software for web security testing_ Thousands of organizations use Burp Suite to find security exposures before it’s too late. By using cutting-edge scanning technology, you can identify the very latest vulnerabilities. Our researchers frequently uncover brand new vulnerability classes that Burp is the first to report. Burp Suite constantly raises the bar of what security testing is able to achieve.
This blog post is a summary of this week’s Information Security News put together by our Security Incident Response Team (SIRT).
A just-patched vulnerability in the Windows operating system that was previously unknown up until last week is being actively exploited in the wild; it opens the door for full system takeover.
Discovered by Vasily Berdnikov and Boris Larin of Kaspersky Lab on St. Patrick’s Day this year, the flaw (CVE-2019-0859) is a use-after-free issue in the Windows kernel that allows local privilege escalation (LPE). It’s being used in advanced persistent threat (APT) campaigns, the researchers said, targeting 64-bit versions of Windows (from Windows 7 to older builds of Windows 10).
https://basefarm.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/cyber-security-cybersecurity-device-60504.jpg30514576johan_kan/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Basefarm-PERFECTLY-BALANCED-CLOUD-SOLUTIONS-neg-2.pngjohan_kan2019-08-22 08:14:152019-09-12 07:44:04Windows Zero-Day Emerges in Active Exploits
Semantix, Scandinavia’s largest language company, chose Basefarm as their managed service provider to manage their business critical applications. High availability, security expertise and flexible solutions were on the wish list during the procurement process.
“Basefarm presented an ability to handle the criteria we had, while also having the operational capacity to match the size of Semantix. Besides having the technical know-how and the financial stability, they are able to deliver flexible and specialized solutions,” says Mats Zetterberg, IT Operations Manager at Semantix.
https://basefarm.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Untitled-1-2.jpg253595johan_kan/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Basefarm-PERFECTLY-BALANCED-CLOUD-SOLUTIONS-neg-2.pngjohan_kan2019-08-22 08:14:152019-09-12 07:44:05WHEN BUSINESS CONTINUITY IS KEY
Brakeman is a security scanner for Ruby on Rails applications. Unlike many web security scanners, Brakeman looks at the source code of your application. This means you do not need to set up your whole application stack to use it. Once Brakeman scans the application code, it produces a report of all security issues it has found.
Moloch augments your current security infrastructure to store and index network traffic in standard PCAP format, providing fast, indexed access. An intuitive and simple web interface is provided for PCAP browsing, searching, and exporting. Moloch exposes APIs which allow for PCAP data and JSON formatted session data to be downloaded and consumed directly. Moloch stores and exports all packets in standard PCAP format, allowing you to also use your favorite PCAP ingesting tools, such as wireshark, during your analysis workflow.
Zeek is a powerful network analysis framework that is much different from the typical IDS you may know. While focusing on network security monitoring, Zeek provides a comprehensive platform for more general network traffic analysis as well. Well grounded in more than 20 years of research, Zeek has successfully bridged the traditional gap between academia and operations since its inception. Today, it is relied upon operationally by both major companies and numerous many educational and scientific institutions for securing their cyberinfrastructure.
https://basefarm.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/binary-1327492_1920.jpg12811920johan_kan/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Basefarm-PERFECTLY-BALANCED-CLOUD-SOLUTIONS-neg-2.pngjohan_kan2019-08-22 08:14:152019-09-12 07:44:04New Initiative Aims to Fast-Track Women into Cybersecurity Careers
Leading industrial IoT platform developer IIOX has selected Flexible Engine, the public cloud service from Orange Business Services, for its global expansion and to avoid vendor lock-in. Headquartered in Sweden, the IIOX cloud-based platform collects, harmonizes, aggregates and distributes machine data in real time, turning data into useful insight and knowledge. Its customers include energy supplier E.ON and companies in automatic meter reading and the agricultural sector.
IIOX has been a Basefarm customer for a number of years and has been extremely satisfied with the quality of the service delivery. But with its contract up for renewal and the recent acquisition of Basefarm by Orange Business Services, the company was open to a new solution that would support its expansion plans. Up until this point, IIOX had a server infrastructure from Basefarm, which was managed in-house and could not scale geographically.
IIOX was looking for a secure, scalable, fully-managed platform that supported a container orchestration system, having redesigned their applications to use Kubernetes. It also wanted to avoid any vendor lock-in or upfront costs.
At the same time, they wanted to move to a fully managed system, so they could concentrate on their core business and not have to worry about retaining in-house skills. They tried Flexible Engine, our innovative solution based on OpenStack, and they liked its flexibility, scalability and security features.
IIOX is starting its Flexible Engine deployment in Europe, with plans to deploy to other regions. Basefarm is managing the local initiative in the Nordics, with Orange Business Services providing global support. As well as Flexible Engine services, such as Kubernetes and Apache Kafka stream processing, there will also be a fully-managed Cassandra distributed database from Orange Business Services.
This will work around the pay-as-you-go model that IIOX was looking for. Orange Business Services also reassured IIOX regarding compliance that could arise from globalizing the solution.
Avoiding vendor lock-in
Designed to help migrate applications to the cloud, Flexible Engine is based on OpenStack technology and public cloud services infrastructure.
As the cloud market consolidates, vendor lock-in is a growing concern for enterprises, according to IDC’s information technology predictions for 2019. IDC believes that as part of this trend, enterprises will look for providers that can integrate multi-cloud services. OpenStack, unlike Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure, supports a number of proprietary technologies and can successfully operate in bare metal and hypervisor environments.
When it comes to OpenStack and Kubernetes – they are seen as a great match. According to Openstack.org, OpenStack now runs the largest number of enterprise network and storage systems, allowing containers to be seamlessly integrated into the enterprise environment.
IIOX is on trend. Enterprise interest in the applications container market continues to grow, driven by enterprises looking to manage infrastructures more efficiently and meet their digital transformation goals on time. 451 Research believes the applications container market will hit more than $2.1 billion this year and more than $4.3 billion in 2022.
IIOX is one of the first joint deals for Orange Business Services and Basefarm, highlighting the large portfolio of services directly through a console pay-as-you-go mode. At the same time, it underscores the power of local control and global reach that will support IIOX in its ambitious expansion plans as the industry appeal of IoT rapidly accelerates.
Joakim Karlsson, based in Stockholm, Sweden, is the Business Development Manager covering Cloud Business in the Nordic region. He has been in the IT industry for 20 years – nine of those years at Microsoft – and his extensive experience is an asset in helping Orange customers navigate the cloud domain. In his spare time, Joakim likes to golf, play paddle tennis and spend time with his family and friends.
/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Basefarm-PERFECTLY-BALANCED-CLOUD-SOLUTIONS-neg-2.png00johan_kan/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Basefarm-PERFECTLY-BALANCED-CLOUD-SOLUTIONS-neg-2.pngjohan_kan2019-08-22 08:14:152019-09-12 07:44:03IOT specialist IIOX adopts Flexible Engine for business agility in the cloud
https://basefarm.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/flag-40828.png14401920johan_kan/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Basefarm-PERFECTLY-BALANCED-CLOUD-SOLUTIONS-neg-2.pngjohan_kan2019-08-22 08:14:152019-09-12 07:44:00Secretary General gives keynote speech on NATO’s adaption to cyber threats
Information from the Attack Surface Analyzer website:
Attack Surface Analyzer is a Microsoft-developed open source security tool that analyzes the attack surface of a target system and reports on potential security vulnerabilities introduced during the installation of software or system misconfiguration.
Bandit is a tool designed to find common security issues in Python code. To do this Bandit processes each file, builds an AST from it, and runs appropriate plugins against the AST nodes. Once Bandit has finished scanning all the files it generates a report.
Single point of Truth for Germany’s train passengers
In 2015, the organisation Passenger Information of Deutsche Bahn (DB) launched an extensive project to improve the quality of passenger information, that would benefit all rail customers travelling in Germany.
DB Passenger Information and a variety of experts like our affiliate The unbelievable Machine Company worked together on creating a central data platform for the Deutsche Bahn that distributes information consistently across all connected channels.
Based on Big Data technologies on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS), the passenger information in DB’s mobile app is now synchronized with the display board on the platform and any other information channels facing the customers.
https://basefarm.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/deutsche-bahn-logo-png-8.png542728johan_kan/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Basefarm-PERFECTLY-BALANCED-CLOUD-SOLUTIONS-neg-2.pngjohan_kan2019-08-22 08:14:152019-09-12 07:44:05Single point of Truth for Germany’s train travelers
https://basefarm.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/destination-gotland-2.jpg284594johan_kan/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Basefarm-PERFECTLY-BALANCED-CLOUD-SOLUTIONS-neg-2.pngjohan_kan2019-08-22 08:14:152019-09-12 07:44:05HYBRID CLOUD FOR PEAK LOADS AT DESTINATION GOTLAND
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our site functions. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website.
Google Analytics Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
If you do not want that we track your visist to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here:
Other external services
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds:
1. What are cookies?
By using the website you consent to that Basefarm stores cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer while you are browsing a website.
Cookies are also used to collect information on how the website is used. In addition, with our cooperation partners we collect anonymous information of which browsers that visit the website to show relevant advertising (interest based advertising).
1.3 Manage your cookies
Most browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies. By changing your browser’s settings you can choose between accepting cookies, receiving information when a cookie is placed, or blocking cookies. The way to manage cookies may differ between browsers, but normally the menu is reached through tools or alternatives. If you decide to block Basefarm’s cookies, this may limit the functionality of the website.
You can find more information about cookies and how to delete or block cookies on the website www.allaboutcookies.org.
1.4 More detailed information
Cookie used and domain
Typ of Cookie
What does it do?
How long is the cookie saved?
The cookie is used to keep information (not password) about the site editors (Basefarm marketing department)
2. Data controller Basefarm AS, reg. no. 982 211 743, Nydalen Allé 37a, 0484 Oslo, Norway, is the data controller in relation to personal data being processed on the Norwegian and English versions of the website. Basefarm AB, reg. no. 556638-0639, Sveavägen 159, 113 46 Stockholm, Sweden, is the data controller in relation to personal data being processed on the Swedish version of the website. Basefarm BV reg. no. [•], Beechavenue 106, 1119 PP Schiphol-Rijk, Netherlands, is the data controller in relation to personal data being processed on the Dutch version of the website. The aforementioned Basefarm entities are collectively referred to as “Basefarm” in the following. You will find Basefarm’s contact information under section 10.
4. What data may Basefarm collect? The personal data Basefarm may collect includes information about your name and contact details such as address, telephone number and e-mail address, company and any other information you provide. If you apply for a job at Basefarm, Basefarm will process your CV as well as any other information you attach with your application.
5. How does Basefarm process personal data? The personal data collected by Basefarm is used to manage customer relations, assess potential employees and assist customers and website visitors with any requests or inquiries made on the website. The information may also be used for monitoring and development of Basefarm’s business and website, for example by analyzing statistics of website visitors, and to protect Basefarm’s rights. If you apply for a job, Basefarm only uses your personal data for the purposes for which you provided the information. However, Basefarm may save interesting applications even after the recruitment period is over. Such applications may also be transferred to other entities within the Basefarm group.
6. To whom may Basefarm disclose the information? Basefarm will not sell, lease or otherwise transfer any personal data collected to a third party. Basefarm may however transfer the personal data to other companies within the Basefarm group or to business partners if it is necessary to fulfil its obligations towards you.
Personal data may be disclosed if it is necessary to: a) Comply with applicable law, regulation or similar or to comply with a legal process, request or order from an executive authority; b) Defend Basefarm’s legal interests; or to c) Detect, prevent, or otherwise avoid fraud, security breaches or technical issues.
7. Links to external websites Basefarm’s website may contain links to third-party websites. Basefarm is not responsible for the processing of your personal data on such websites.
8. Amendments If this policy is amended, Basefarm will publish the amended policy at www.basefarm.com with information about when the amendments will enter into force. If Basefarm carry out any significant changes to the policy, Basefarm may choose to inform by e-mail or by publishing a message on the website.
9. The right to information and recifications You have the right to require information about what personal data Basefarm is processing about you and for what purposes. You are also entitled to have any incomplete or inaccurate data rectified, erased or blocked. Please see the contact information in section 10 should you have any questions about how Basefarm processes your personal data.
10. Basefarm’s contact information If you have any questions relating to Basefarm’s processing of personal data, or if you want to invoke your right to access data, please contact relevant Basefarm entity on the address set out below: Norway/Global: Basefarm AS PO Box 4488 Nydalen 0403 Oslo Sweden: Basefarm AB Sveavägen 159 113 46 Stockholm Netherlands: Basefarm BV Beechavenue 106 1119 PP Schiphol-Rijk
11. Security measures Basefarm has taken the organizational and technical security measures required to protect personal data against unauthorized access, modification and deletion.
Keep in touch with us - we’re aware that your inbox is a sacred place, and we’ve, built this page to put you in control.
With your email registration you are accepting that Basefarm is storing your personal data information and is using it to administrate your registration. We would like to send you personal emails with company news, content, invitation to events, webinars, reports, offerings, product and service information. Please check the boxes below what kind of personal information you would like to receive from us.
I am hereby giving consent that Basefarm is sending me emails on following topics: