8 benefits you get from using a Microsoft Tier 1 Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) for your Azure consumption
The Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program enables partners to directly work with and manage the customers lifecycle. The CSP can directly provision, manage and support customers subscriptions. Basefarm is Tier 1 CSP Partner, meaning that we work directly with Microsoft and not through a CSP Distributor. A Tier 1 CSP needs to prove themselves with capabilities like handling support and cloud expertise.
Are there any benefits of using a Tier 1 CSP?
Yes, there are! Let me list some of the main benefits of using a Tier 1 CSP:
Local support with escalation path to Microsoft. If you for example use Basefarm, we will be your single point of contact for both technical and billing. In some circumstances we need to escalate the support case to Microsoft. In those cases, we have an advanced support agreement with better response times and priority.
You pay only for what you need and what you use. No upfront payments. And you can end or move your subscriptions at any time.
Monthly consolidated billing. If you’re using other services from us, we will consolidate and give you a summary invoice of all your spending including Azure.
Drill down in your cloud spending. One of the important tasks when using the public cloud is having control on your cloud spending. By understanding who is using what and at what cost, you can optimize your environments. Your CSP can help you from being over charged for services you don’t need..
Subscription provisioning and management. Save your IT department time in and let the CSP advice and provision your subscriptions. You’ll have the same control and features in the subscriptions.
Competitive pricing compared to web/direct and Enterprise Agreement.
Access to bundled services from the CSP, if your using Basefarm we offer for example (optional, billable); Azure Stack as a Service, Cloud Connect (Express Route), Cloud Operation Services (24/7 Monitoring, and more).
Access to expert cloud consultants (optional, billable)
What services are available? – All the same Azure services available (there are a few exceptions for some rare cases).
How can I move my existing resource to a CSP subscription?- Microsoft has described how to move your subscriptions from EA and from Direct/web.
Can I still access the Azure Portal? – Yes, you can have full control and use services the way you are used to.
How often will I receive the invoice ?- If you partner with Basefarm we send you monthly invoices.
Can I see cost information in the Azure portal?- We will provide you with access to the portal where you can analyse your cloud spending.
Can I change to another CSP provider? – Yes, you can.
Can I buy all kinds of Microsoft licenses and Cloud usage through all CSP? – No. Each CSP provide Azure services that are part of their CSP agreement, make sure the CSP has the services you need.
About the author:
Geir Morten Allum – Senior Cloud Architect and Product Manager for Azure and Azure Stack in Basefarm.
Geir Morten Allum has a long career of digital transformation and helping companies utilize IT in a smart at efficient way. Before joining Basefarm Geir Morten worked in Microsoft where he was Business Development Manager and Solution Specialist for Microsoft Azure/public cloud IT services. So, he is a true cloud-fanatic!
Download our Cloud Guide
What should you focus on in order to take the next step in your company’s cloud journey? With help from over 200 IT professionals and a Cloud Maturity Ladder, this report will help you to focus, prioritize and it will guide you to the next level.
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our site functions. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website.
Google Analytics Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
If you do not want that we track your visist to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here:
Other external services
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds:
1. COOKIES 1.1 What are cookies?
By using the website you consent to that Basefarm stores cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer while you are browsing a website.
Cookies are also used to collect information on how the website is used. In addition, with our cooperation partners we collect anonymous information of which browsers that visit the website to show relevant advertising (interest based advertising).
1.3 Manage your cookies
Most browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies. By changing your browser’s settings you can choose between accepting cookies, receiving information when a cookie is placed, or blocking cookies. The way to manage cookies may differ between browsers, but normally the menu is reached through tools or alternatives. If you decide to block Basefarm’s cookies, this may limit the functionality of the website.
You can find more information about cookies and how to delete or block cookies on the website www.allaboutcookies.org.
1.4 More detailed information
Cookie used and domain
Typ of Cookie
What does it do?
How long is the cookie saved?
The cookie is used to keep information (not password) about the site editors (Basefarm marketing department)
2. Data controller Basefarm AS, reg. no. 982 211 743, Nydalen Allé 37a, 0484 Oslo, Norway, is the data controller in relation to personal data being processed on the Norwegian and English versions of the website. Basefarm AB, reg. no. 556638-0639, Sveavägen 159, 113 46 Stockholm, Sweden, is the data controller in relation to personal data being processed on the Swedish version of the website. Basefarm BV reg. no. [•], Beechavenue 106, 1119 PP Schiphol-Rijk, Netherlands, is the data controller in relation to personal data being processed on the Dutch version of the website. The aforementioned Basefarm entities are collectively referred to as “Basefarm” in the following. You will find Basefarm’s contact information under section 10.
4. What data may Basefarm collect? The personal data Basefarm may collect includes information about your name and contact details such as address, telephone number and e-mail address, company and any other information you provide. If you apply for a job at Basefarm, Basefarm will process your CV as well as any other information you attach with your application.
5. How does Basefarm process personal data? The personal data collected by Basefarm is used to manage customer relations, assess potential employees and assist customers and website visitors with any requests or inquiries made on the website. The information may also be used for monitoring and development of Basefarm’s business and website, for example by analyzing statistics of website visitors, and to protect Basefarm’s rights. If you apply for a job, Basefarm only uses your personal data for the purposes for which you provided the information. However, Basefarm may save interesting applications even after the recruitment period is over. Such applications may also be transferred to other entities within the Basefarm group.
6. To whom may Basefarm disclose the information? Basefarm will not sell, lease or otherwise transfer any personal data collected to a third party. Basefarm may however transfer the personal data to other companies within the Basefarm group or to business partners if it is necessary to fulfil its obligations towards you. Personal data may be disclosed if it is necessary to: a) Comply with applicable law, regulation or similar or to comply with a legal process, request or order from an executive authority; b) Defend Basefarm’s legal interests; or to c) Detect, prevent, or otherwise avoid fraud, security breaches or technical issues.
7. Links to external websites Basefarm’s website may contain links to third-party websites. Basefarm is not responsible for the processing of your personal data on such websites.
8. Amendments If this policy is amended, Basefarm will publish the amended policy at www.basefarm.com with information about when the amendments will enter into force. If Basefarm carry out any significant changes to the policy, Basefarm may choose to inform by e-mail or by publishing a message on the website.
9. The right to information and recifications You have the right to require information about what personal data Basefarm is processing about you and for what purposes. You are also entitled to have any incomplete or inaccurate data rectified, erased or blocked. Please see the contact information in section 10 should you have any questions about how Basefarm processes your personal data.
10. Basefarm’s contact information If you have any questions relating to Basefarm’s processing of personal data, or if you want to invoke your right to access data, please contact relevant Basefarm entity on the address set out below: Norway/Global: Basefarm AS PO Box 4488 Nydalen 0403 Oslo Sweden: Basefarm AB Sveavägen 159 113 46 Stockholm Netherlands: Basefarm BV Beechavenue 106 1119 PP Schiphol-Rijk
11. Security measures Basefarm has taken the organizational and technical security measures required to protect personal data against unauthorized access, modification and deletion.
Keep in touch with us - we’re aware that your inbox is a sacred place, and we’ve, built this page to put you in control.
With your email registration you are accepting that Basefarm is storing your personal data information and is using it to administrate your registration. We would like to send you personal emails with company news, content, invitation to events, webinars, reports, offerings, product and service information. Please check the boxes below what kind of personal information you would like to receive from us.
I am hereby giving consent that Basefarm is sending me emails on following topics: